Do you have demonstrated work experience using IBM Cloud? We’re looking for an individual who has demonstrated experience organizing, installing and supporting an organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets and other data communication systems.
Are you looking for an opportunity to own this role within a small, but growing company? Are you a Canadian permanent resident skilled in working with Linux and can speak to your working knowledge of this particular operating system?
Who are we?
TickTrade Systems Inc. (“TickTrade”) is a young and fast-growing Fin-Tech company, based in the downtown Toronto core. TickTrade is the premier integrated trading technology partner for financial institutions, providing innovative and world-class solutions across all asset classes.
About the Role
Fundamental to your efforts will be acting and making decisions based on our core values:
Passion – we love what we do
Integrity – we do what we say
Excellence – we always make it better Innovation – we envision, build, and deliver Expertise – we understand what you need
What You’ll Be Doing
- Demonstrated experience with installing and maintaining servers and enterprise storage, including related software and hardware.
- Maintains security of servers and storage by implementing proper security software and settings, updates and other appropriate security measures.
- Performs systems administration functions such as managing user accounts and profiles, and maintaining hardware and software inventory and licenses.
- Monitors server and storage health and performance; remediate issues detrimental to the health or performance of systems.
- Identifies recurring hardware and software problems and recommends plans for prevention and resolution.
- Ensures data security and availability through proper backup and verification procedures.
- Researches and tests new and emerging server and storage technologies. Ensure future infrastructure capacity through recommendations to the Operations Manager
- Supports user requests for administrative systems.
- Advocates information technology security “best practices”; ensure systems conform to company security standards and policies.
- Assists in IT hardware and software rollouts, including PCs, printers, phones, other IT resources.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call support rotation as required.
- Support and lead the operations of cloud and on-premises infrastructure and conduct periodic maintenance exercises, which may involve work outside normal business hours based on customer and operational needs.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting server hardware and software.
- Various operating systems including Windows Server, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Container technologies such as Docker.
- Virtualized environments using VMWare EXSi.
- Public and private cloud environments such as IBM Cloud (Softlayer), AWS.
- Experienced in managing LAN, WAN, and virtualized network environments including routing, firewall rules, VPNs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in automation of infrastructure deployment using scripting languages and industry tools such as Ansible Tower, Vagrant, etc.
- Working knowledge, that you can speak to, of server hardware components and data center equipment such as UPS’s, PDU’s and be conceptuality aware of structured cabling standards and best practices.
- Working knowledge of specialized applications services such as LDAP, SMTP, SFTP, SNMP, etc. would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience on your resume supporting end-user IT hardware and software.
- Master of IT security principles.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of IT.
- Perform tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude and to deal with coworkers and customers tactfully and courteously in order to maintain effective service-oriented relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- MINIMUM 2+yrs Demonstrated experience as a System & Network Administrator
- College degree
- Must be able to work in Canada
- Role is not open for relocation support
Due to the nature of 24/7 infrastructure requirements, this position may involve work outside normal business hours based on customer and operational needs.