Are you a business analyst certified in project management? Do you have analyst experience working within technology (SaaS) or the financial industry? If you are you looking for a full-time permanent role in a growing company, this role may be for you!
About the role:
TickTrade Systems Inc. (TickTrade “TickTrade”) has an opening for a Business Analyst with banking and FX trading knowledge. As our Business Analyst you will learn about our product capabilities, work closely with clients to identify and shape requirements. You will get to learn about our platform capabilities, to define business and system requirements, test cases and work with our architects, developers, and quality assurance to do the work.
Working @ TickTrade:
High performance work teams: supportive culture of bright minds, strong communicators, team trust is essential; flexible working hours; easily accessible to PATH/Subway/10MIN walk northwest of Union Station
- Directs, administers, and coordinates all technical and managed service operations and activities of TickTrade in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by the CEO
- Accountable for all strategic initiatives and service metrics for all clients, ensuring that projects deliver on TickTrade solution targets exceeding clients’ business needs as per client requirements
- Develop various project deliverable (i.e. Business Cases, Business Requirements Documents, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, Current and Future State Process Flows, Use Cases, Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, Release notes, and User guides)
- Assisting in planning, implementation, functional testing, investigating system logs and database records
- Facilitate and lead meetings with clients, developers, architects, business analysts and QA to discuss, understand, and assess the requirements
- Working with developers and QA to ensure the expected work is implemented and tested.
- Carry out testing to assist QA as needed to verify the deliverable is implemented correctly.
- Ensuring all work completed is within existing policies, procedures, organizational objectives, and meets high quality and customer service standards
- Supporting the client through the project lifecycle from inception to production
- On-call production support.
- Provide effective escalation for clients and vendors as well as providing internal co-ordination and communications planning during incidents and business as usual periods.
- Create high-level roadmap for FX TickTrade product strategy and engineering development
- Strategize product-related activities; build and deliver the best possible experiences for clients and subsequent value for the company
- Ensures the product direction is serving the overall company vision
- Work as technical “product manager”, who has technical background to work on technology products. This role does not involve developing the product – rather performing a product management role in close coordination with a Software Development team
- Ability to communicate / build trust from development team
- Ability to understand tech trends, see how they impact your roadmap, and how they drive innovation
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with your team
- Must be permanent Canadian resident living in Toronto. No relocation expenses provided
- Demonstrated work experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Finance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business/systems analysis and/or software implementation
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries and scripts
- Data and process modeling skills; problem-solving and specification skills
- Proven ability to create and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, while maintaining multiple project activities and deliverables
- Experience delivering training involving software and business processes to end users, consulting partners and/or other interested parties
- Knowledge of end to end FX trade workflow and post trade settlement process
- Leading and understanding integration needs to get liquidity and executing trades with liquidity providers. Working knowledge of the financial information exchange protocol
- Working knowledge of post-trade settlements and allocations
- Integration experience with book of record systems